View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-02-05, 17:37

So of course, there are the obligatory "pimpmymortgage.org" ads where they display the dancing animations and people... goes without saying those who create such ads, along with kingpin spammers, all deserve steaming rotten death on a plate. But there are lesser known, equally baffling ads. Ads that make you go "so... who is it out there that looks at this ad and says "I gotta get me summa THAT"?

Allow me to post a prime example (see below)

Now, ignoring for a moment that this is possibly the worst Photoshop job on a portrait that I've ever seen, who exactly would believe this, even if it were more subtle? This woman appears to have shed 40 years and several pre-cancerous lesions from her face with one application of this skin treatment. The best part: little fine print right above the Photoshop hag that says "simulated images". Bonus points to the advertiser for that. Such ethics! I am going to run right out and buy your snake oil for all the women i know, because man... you were so clear on that simulated image thing. I was almost fooled!

I challenge you all to find any internet ad from a respect'ble site (no prOn ads please) that compares. This one was on weather.com
Attached Images
File Type: png skinscam.png (51.6 KB, 27 views)

...into the light of a dark black night.