View Single Post
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2008-02-06, 08:11

I think photos copied to iPods are not copies of the original; they are scaled down for the iPod's screen that would look awful copied back to a computer. That was certainly the case for my 1st gen iPod Nano. They look better on my iPod Touch, but I'm still almost certain that they've been scaled down for the screen.

*checks google*

Yup. I was right.

Quote:
In regard to photos it’s worth reminding you that you won’t get the full-sized images that once consumed vast sectors of your old Mac’s hard drive. Instead you’ll have the versions of your pictures that iTunes scaled down to work with the iPod.
That linked article tells you how to do what you want to achieve actually. It's aimed at the touch, but I'd imagine it'd work the same for other iPods.

In any case, she's lost the originals of all her photos. (Unless of course she copied the files through the finder rather than using iTunes, but then again, if she had done that, it'd be a simple case of copying them back off again.)