View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-08, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Robo, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. My bits are as follows:

1) I don't want politics in my shows. Seriously! If Whichever Streaming Company+ can deliver an entertaining show to me sans the [opinion] politics, and +++ on the entertainment value, I will subscribe. I don't care who delivers it, and the loser will lose, even if that is Apple (as an example, I could care less about Apple News+ or Apple Music—neither provides anything I care about).
I guess I just don’t see where you’re getting the idea that any of these shows have [opinion] politics in them at all. Apple TV+ seems to be playing it incredibly safe, and Disney is Disney.

If anything, my worry is that Apple TV+ is going to be a little bit too toothless and PG-rated, because it’s made by Apple and they want to be family-friendly. People were allegedly derisively referring to it as “Expensive CBS,” because it seemed like it would be a premium service with a network sensibility (no adult stuff). Prestige dramas are very much linked to the idea that they show gritty, violent, sexual things for grown-ups, and I’m not sure I can see Apple being willing to make a show like Mr. Robot or Breaking Bad, much less Game of Thrones.

Anyway, I’m 100% positive Apple TV+ isn’t going to have ads, so you’re in luck there.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong