View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-23, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I'd much rather see a laptop with a nicer keyboard now than wait half a year for a laptop with a CPU that will probably only be marginally better.
Oh, 100%. Apple needs to put that albatross of a keyboard behind them as soon as possible. This new MacBook Pro is easily the most important Mac Apple has released in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I can never really get that worked up about ratios. 16:9 seems a bit too thin, but other than that…
It's partially wanting an ~1800-line display in a 13/14-inch form factor without having to run the display at a weird scaled resolution, but it's mostly that I want the displays to get bigger without the laptops getting bigger, and there is way more room for the display to grow vertically on the current design than horizontally. Take the top half of the notebook and make all the bezels as narrow as the ones on the sides, with no logo area. Put a 3K (16")/2.7K (14") panel in that space and that's basically what I want.

Also, 3:2 is just a nice aspect ratio. It feels right.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong