Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2015-09-09, 08:05

Picked up a space gray sport watch with the black band a couple of weeks ago. Almost returned in two times. One time, factory reset it, put it back in the box, and ready to return the next day. I just couldn't understand the value. For $400, it seemed to not do enough. Something clicked a few days later though. I stopped forcing it and just let it be. I found it was a very pleasant, yet largely passive, device to use.

I love running with it. I use Runkeeper and the Workout app. I'm surprised how close the mileage is between the two at the end of long runs. HR data is right on the money (although, just as all wrist HR sensors fail in the gym with weight training, the AW is no exception).

I work in a busy ER and it's nice to not have to constantly take out my phone from my scrubs pocket to get notifications.

Looking forward to OS2 today. But was hoping we'd get to buy custom watch faces from the App Store. That doesn't look likely. I guess it's along the same lines as no custom lock screens for iOS devices? I bounce between Utility and Modular with the Chronograph a distant third. Which is strange, because my real watches are all chronographs!

Edit: Agree with Brave Ulysses. I don't use most apps on the watch. I also find the interface clunky and difficult to navigate. And also agree it's difficult to navigate the interface during a run. I think the last of these will be solved once heart rate is added to 3rd party apps. The only reason I fuss with the screen during a workout is to look between the Workout app (to look at HR) and Runkeeper app (everything else). If everything was displayed in one screen (Pace, distance, time, HR) i wouldn't need to bounce back and forth between them.

Last edited by MBHockey : 2015-09-09 at 09:09.