View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-12, 23:13

I really have very few complaints with what Apple is doing on the high end, with the XR and XS. They lead the industry on most all of the metrics that actually matter to people, and while they occasionally miss a feature (like Night Sight) they’re generally the company that sets the conversation. For the most part, the rest of the industry is reacting to what Apple does in a way that’s honestly embarrassing. Resting on their laurels, Apple is not.

It’s really the lower-end phones where I’d like to see them be more competitive (hence this thread). Someone walking into an Apple Store with $500 should be able to do better than an iPhone 7. That’s a pretty huge regression from where we were this time in 2016, where you could walk into an Apple Store with $399 and get an iPhone SE with the latest processor and camera.

And someone who wants an iPhone that is smaller than the iPhone XR, and not potentially four hundred dollars more, should be able to do better than the iPhone 8.

They should really make an iPhone 11 mini, but if they’re not going to do that (and it sure sounds like they aren’t), an “iPhone 8 SE” (not called that) is the next best thing.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong