View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-08-15, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I can see a certain—if not great—demand for an iPhone Maxi (aka, iPad Mini with the phone app).
Note that the diagonal sizes make it seem as though the iPad mini isn’t that much bigger. It’s actually basically twice as big, because it’s ratio is very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I'd never buy one, but Apple Watch and AirPods make the concept significantly more attractive, as they add a "remote control system" of sorts so the iPad could just hang out in a briefcase or purse.

Is the phone headed for your wrist and the screen headed for some fancy AR glasses that will make us all look like fools?
If by phone you mean phone app rather than smartphone hardware, I think that’s spot on, aspirationally. Maybe five years from now, the high-end way Apple customers do voice chat / phone is via the Watch, and the iPhone will be focused on tasks that need more processing power and/or more complex interaction.