View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-09, 13:39

I've been reading up on this for at least the last two years. Yes, it varies (somewhat) by state, but the general ADA rules apply, and the slippery little suckers keep getting more complicated, because we are an increasingly "victim" society. Most of the people doing this are "victims" of some abhorrent situation or other and need a little cuddle buddy in order to get through reality, or they are just pompous, disrespectful and self-entitled schmucks!

I used to love dogs. However, due to the abhorrent behavior of dog owners, I'm beginning to see them on the same level I see rats. It's not really the dog's fault, either, which is sad.

Since I started this thread, I have already sent another faker packing—some 6'-5" dude with a 12" tall dog, who when asked to remove his dog had to take photos of the front of the store to post to DispleasureBook. I also dealt with a woman who had this answer to "what task is your dog trained to perform?":

"He helps me medically."

FAKER!

They are required to give a specific response, such as: "He alerts me to diabetic shock," or some other such thing like that. But, get this: According to the ADA, an ex-soldier suffering from PTSD can have an off-leash service dog that is sent into any building in advance to check to make sure the place is free of very bad people before the ex-soldier enters.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)