View Single Post
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2010-08-02, 17:03

I have had a look for past PCT: threads, and I don't think this has been done before... But I apologise if it has.

I have always really liked the effects of reflected and refracted light, especially when water is involved. Most of the time it's not a deliberate choice to capture a reflection, but a side effect of a larger scene. However, I want you to go and get searching for cool deliberate reflection or refraction shots.

Remember to think outside the box a little bit, technically every surface reflects light, we just don't always think of them as reflections.

Here's an old picture (so it's not my entry) to get you thinking...

We were deliberately trying to get as many people as possible in the reflection on the goggles, but that pink stripes from the light on the tinsel was an accidental capture. I imagine, if you were deliberately trying to capture the light from the tinsel, then some cool effects could be had (without the need for Photoshop too!).

Enjoy...

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!