View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2005-05-18, 18:35

I support Trump for once! Actually, I never supported the Freedom Towers. Ugly design, not as strong as originals( I mean the majority of the building is glass over steel by the looks of it), and these towers would never be as symbolic as the original twin towers. What if the Washington Monument collapsed? Would we redesign it? I would think not. I think if any symbol to this country, was attacked and collapsed or been destroyed, that we should rebuild them like they were before, but with major improvements to make it more resistant to future attacks. There was nothing wrong with the originals, the only thing is that the designers cut corners to save money. The dry wall protecting the core, the fireproofing was not the best, and more.

Quote:
The skin, core, and flooring could be completed within two years, fully, and truly restoring the skyline.
If you follow to the site of the design that is linked by the article you get their plan. This is part of their plan. I don't think they could rebuild 2 towers, taller then the predecessors in 2 years. This is just the buildings though. Not the electrical, plumbing etc.

giggity