View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2017-12-08, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
So now we're seeing a pattern where Dems who are accused of sexual misconduct resign or are outsted, whereas Republicans don't care. I mean, it's a feature not a bug: the Republican base either doesn't care about assaulting or harassing women to have it bother them or they actually see it as a mark of strength. See also Roy Moore, whose teen attacking ways are apparently part and parcel of religous life in rural Alabama, and the Prez himself. More women have accused him of abuse (and of course we have him on tape bragging about same) than have accused Al Franken (and the tenor of Trump's abuse is way more serious) but Al steps down while Trump calls him names. We now know that there are literally no limits to Republican hypocrisy. They'll shoot you in the face and then have a fit if you bleed on their rug.
Is that really the pattern we are seeing? I mean when you keep thinking the world is crazy for not lining up with your assumptions, shouldn't you check your assumptions?

Perhaps the Republican base cares and thinks the media and others should care as well. However they only seem to care during an election year and in the months of October or November depending upon the election date.

Also maybe they would grant the media some credibility if... this wasn't one sided and hadn't been occurring for decades. I'm old enough to remember Bush and the "fake" Air Force memos and the drunk driving report dropped in November. I can remember Arnold Schwarzenegger have all manner of accusations levied against him in October of 2003, FIVE DAYS before the election. Do you remember Mitt Romney and his 47% comment? I do. I also remember it was recorded in May but magically couldn't be reported on until late September of that election year. All the Trump allegations.... October of 2016. The Moore allegations.... a month before the special election in November since the election is in December.

Isn't it shocking how coincidental all the allegations and claims seem to be and how the timing of them magically seems to coincide with an election as well?

Let's presume all the allegations against Moore are true just for the sake of argument. Who's fault is it that no one could seem to find out and publish about them for nearly 40 years and magically couldn't even seem to find and publish ANY information before the only choice was Moore or his Democratic opponent? It doesn't seem a little odd that if you give yourself a 40 year window no one in the Washington Post could gather enough information to publish a story in September or August instead of November?

I guess they couldn't have their information help Strange win the primary and then easily win the senate seat right?

I mean if you want to believe that the allegations are all true, that is your choice. It just seems really strange that Moore has run for office a half dozen times and NO ONE anywhere could seem to find or publish any information about it until November of this year a month before an election. This seems especially odd when half the stories try to portray this as common knowledge and the man has run for governor twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Republicans at this point have entirely divorced themselves from reality. Roy Moore spokeswoman Janet Porter Anderson was interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday and claimed that the accusations against Moore were part of a massive conspiracy orchestrated by the media, the Democratic party, and (of course) George Soros.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politi...ntv/index.html

The Republican party has hit full on "up is down, down is up" territory. It's been bad for a while but the past couple years have truly gone off the rails. And there are still tons of people who will continue to vote for them every time because there is an "R" next to their name. Trump once said he could shoot someone in public and not lose votes, and I believe him.
Let's presume Cooper is right and Moore has some views and explanations of those views that you or I find downright objectionable. That would be fine IF questions were asked and answers were allowed. If the answers deflect and are shit, then so what. You do the job and let the people make their choice trusting them to see through the bullshit. However the media doesn't do that.

Most media "interviews" like this the Republican isn't even allowed to complete a sentence without being spoken over. Meanwhile you can see the Democratic interview and the opposite happens. Long answers and softball questions are the norm. People can see through this stuff. The bias also clearly hurts Democrats because they keep getting blindsided by the treatment. They end up asking "What Happened" when reality doesn't match the media bubble. It may make someone feel smug or superior when the "gotcha" moment happens but it doesn't improve lives or change votes.