Thread: Shoot Things
View Single Post
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2006-07-16, 12:42

Completed it in five minutes on my first try.

Well, I did complete it, but I wasted an hour of my life on this addictive thing! Very frustrating game to play because of that awful UFO that sucks out all your weapons just before you need them most. I don't think it's possible to avoid losing your weapons to the UFO: I tried pummelling it with two bombs, continuous six-shot canon and lots of twin rockets, as well as going to all four corners of the screen to try to escape the energy beam thingy, and nothing worked. Destroying the three final triangular spacecraft with a puny one-shot canon is difficult enough, but even worse is losing your green speed balls. So much debris and bullets are flying around that it's almost impossible to manoeuvre without the green balls.

The one thing the UFO doesn't take is your shield, so it's absolutely vital to arrive at the UFO with full or close to full shield strength. When I finally beat the game I arrived at the UFO having taken only one hit on my shields. I also had four lives, and I still ended up on the last life when I finally destroyed the last triangular spacecraft.

Your reward for completing the game is a mere "CONGRATULATIONS" by the way. I was expecting something a bit more satisfying, perhaps a holiday to Barbados for two or something along those lines.