View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-02, 02:20

OK, Minecraft is officially awesome and all of you who don't play it are punks for not playing it. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Also, welcome Robo! You joined at an all-time peak load on the server. So, not only were you fighting the high latency of your WiMax connection but also the occasional lag spikes caused by the server itself being under high load. Thanks for sticking through it. Hopefully the next time you connect will be a little less painful.
It actually wasn't that bad. The game itself didn't feel too laggy for me, but a few things were problematically slow: doors, chests, and...talking. But all that got better later into the night, presumably because fewer people were on. Although Captain_Drew joined, which was cool.

I'll see about "upgrading" my internet through some nefarious means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I guess I'm overdue for some world maps, too! I'll pull the backup tomorrow and generate some images to share here then.
A map would help — I mainly just followed you and Rowdy around the whole time. Although being able to read the signs also helps. Thx for the texture pack, Brad!

You all are all crazy. I mean, skyways? Holy what the fuck. (But convenient!)

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong