View Single Post
Swing

2005-09-03, 04:29

Yeah, from what I remember at least photoshop is carbon and not cocoa. So that will not be a simple recompile (if that is correct re PS/carbon, and I am not professing to be any kind of expert in these issues).

Though I am not thrilled that CS 2 may not be available on the mac intel machines soon after they come out, via some applied patch or whatever other necessary means, it does not matter much as I can see using my PB for another 16 months (I think so now anyway- we all know how that can change) . However, I will be peeeved if Adobe does not provide some easy way to move CS 2 over to the new mac intel machines sometime after they come out, and this may be a possibility (when reading between the lines of that interview and the normal product cycle).

My point in this post was not to bitch (other than about the possibility CS 2 may not be supported on the new machines- and again Adobe told me a few months back that it would be) but rather to point out that any version of Adobe CS may not be immediately available on the new mac intel machines and, to me, that may induce some fence-sitters to just go with a new mac now, as there is work to be done before the transition is even here and then to smooth out the inevitable bumps in the road.