View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-07, 16:08

Not sure if you have quite the cash for this, but...

The Aerial Atom. As light a frame as possible (half a ton) combined with a 160hp (or 220hp) Honda engine. It only has two seats and no trunk, of course, but it looks like a ton of fun to drive. It rivals hyper-expensive European supercars in acceleration and handling performance. But it's 60 grand, which is kind of ridiculously expensive for a car that's probably not even street legal (it doesn't even have a windscreen). It's more of a souped-up go-kart than a car.

There are obviously a lot more practical (or at least less expensive) ways to get basically the same thing. I live in a state full of hicks so there are ATVs, dirt bikes, and snowmobiles everywhere. And there are much more practical cars that cost far less and still have more go than you could ever fully make use of on the street (and might actually be able to double as a practical family/grocery-carrier car). The Pontiac GTO, Volkswagen Golf GTI, Ford Focus SVT, and many others come to mind. Most auto manufacturers now make performance versions of many or most of their cars.

This is assuming you want a car, of course... probably because that's what I would buy if I had the money! But like Carol suggests, a tropical cruise also sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and it's something both you and your wife can enjoy. Heh... and it costs a lot less than a car of course.