View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-09-08, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
I just make sure I use nice shaving cream and don't mix too many scents. A little Eton College goes a long way. Soap, shampoo, deodorant, shave cream, toothpaste, etc. can add up to one obnoxious concoction.

I have women tell me they like my smell. They also say they like the "natural" smell of a man (not B.O.) though. You probably don't want to cover your natural scent too much (assuming you're not a sweat-ball), but it helps to add or accentuate it with something that works with it.

I imagine it's like how guys say they like women who aren't wearing make-up. Really, guys like the make-up, just that it looks better when it's done so that they can't tell when the woman is wearing any. The color and application fits their natural coloring and contours, complements it. Subtlety is the key. I suspect a lot of these boys are dousing themselves with this stuff though, like a tweener girl putting on bright pink lipstick and black mascara thinking it looks sophisticated.

The question is: how far away are these women when they tell you yhat you smell nice? The proper answer, the one you want, is that they have to real pretty close to really take it in.
Don't worry...it's legit. They're close.

And I certainly don't douse it on. That's a bit gross. Just enough that you'd have to be "in my business" to notice (or maybe, at the least, standing very close). I'm not spraying it on with a paintgun.

I can't stand guys who just pour on the cologne or aftershave or whatever. I can be in a store or restaurant and someone can walk past, 5-10 feet away, and you can smell what they're wearing. THAT'S too much.

I use that Old Spice liquid soap. I get more compliments on that than anything ("clean, zingy, fresh", etc.). Sometimes a spritz of Axe (like today), but most of the time (Monday-Thursday workday, or weekend morning or afternoons, just the soap and deodorant).

But playing a little acoustic set tonight, immediately after work, so why not...at a Marina clubhouse pool, no less. Can't WAIT to see the kinds of womens (and bathing suits) I might get to enjoy in about seven hours...

Show up, plug in, strum and croon, enjoy any goo-goo eyes coming my way, make some back if I feel like it, etc. Should be a fun night.