View Single Post
rampancy

2009-09-27, 19:44

So the long and the short of it is that I snagged a Core Duo MacBook for cheap off of Kijiji, which needed more than a little TLC. Now that I've got it fixed up, I've thought of upgrading it with an SSD - but I don't know what (if any?) compatibility issues I should look out for. I've seen tidbits here and there of people who purchased off the shelf 2.5" SSDs for use in their MacBook/Pros/Airs and ran into issues with the OS installer not seeing the disk, but I've not seen anything consistent...

Also, any advice on what make/model to look out for would be really appreciated too. I'm not really looking for "OMG Ludicrous" speed, but something decently faster than a traditional hard drive.

Thanks in advance - I seem to recall some AppleNovians talking about their experiences with SSDs but I don't remember who my searches of the forums draw a blank!

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi