View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-02-22, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Naming is HUGE for Plex to be able to read them right. Also, by default I think Plex uses existing metadata if present before searching for new ones.
I haven't used Plex in years, but I'll chime it to say the same practice applies to Jellyfin, Emby, Kodi, and XBMC (the mother of them all). Over the years, I've migrated all my files and workflows to use the pseudo-standard XMBC/Kodi naming schemes that every other service seems to use, both for the media files themselves as well as their parent folders. I haven't yet started including my own NFO files, and I let the built-in scraper plugins take care of all the images and metadata for me, but I'm very tempted to find or create my own NFO files for a few things that are never defined in the online catalogs perfectly.

I've looked into MediaElch (open source and cross platform, yay!), but I haven't actually tried it yet. Have any of you created NFO files or used a tool like MediaElch?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.