Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2015-04-21, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Really? I think it's pretty clear that the leather loop (all colors) is primarily intended for men, and the modern buckle is primarily intended for women — hence why the leather loop is only in 42mm and the modern buckle is only in 38mm, and why they each come in a different hue of otherwise redundant colors (each in a black, a brown, a blue, and "stone"/soft pink). I don't think any of the leather loops look feminine.

Of course, they're all pretty understated, so I wouldn't worry too much about it and just get what you want. (I'm surprised how many men are getting the Milanese loop, which to my eyes is very feminine.) I got the modern buckle, and I would have even if the leather loop were available in 38mm. The modern buckle just looks dressier. And after playing around with it in-store, I think I definitely made the right choice. The leather loop is fine if you want something adjustable and easy but it's not as soft; you can definitely feel the magnets.
See... now a bunch of tech nerds are talking about fashion and what is feminine or not.... mission accomplished Apple.

FWIW, my opinion should be taken with the finest grain of salt as I have zero style.

On another note....

As the mass release of iOS app updates supporting Apple watch continues I am left wondering how the Apple Watch interface is actually going to handle this. Particularly when it comes to Glances. It seems like the Glances interface is going to very quickly become overwhelmed with Glance sheets. Every app seems to offer one. And it seems like it will become a user curating nightmare to keep on top of which ones you want and which ones you don't. One app may offer a Glance that is most useful as a Glance but very rarely used. But how do you ensure that one rarely used Glance is easily available when you do need it?

Additionally, it seems like the app screen is going to become far more confusing once a user loads most of their third party apps on it. Apple's demos and marketing have really only had Apple's apps and a few chosen developers on the screen at any given time.