View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-21, 10:05

It dawned on me last night that the only Star Wars toys that will be selling around Christmas this year will be anything Baby Yoda-related from the TV show.

Good news is, you Rose Tico completists will be able to round out your collection for pennies on the dollar, before everything TROS-related heads to the recycling facilities come mid-January (if it hasn't already). So there's that (always look for the silver lining in every cloud, folks).

When I think of all the hoops - logistical, storytelling, hole-filling, geeksplaining, etc. - Episode IX will have to jump through to both 1) account for the discrepancies and various WTF?!-isms between TFA and TLJ and, more importantly, 2) to wrap up a nine-part, 42-year-old saga in some coherent, satisfying way, I just can't figure out how they're going to do it. This movie almost needs to be a trilogy itself. Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Chapter 1, Bear With Us, followed six months later by Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Chapter 2, We're Getting There, etc.