View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-31, 12:22

It's an oldie, but a goodie. A neighbor and family friend called today asking if my brother could help fix their Dell. He gets a lot of calls like this, as it's somewhat of a business for him (even at age 16). Anyway, he mentions that he's going to take in their old iMac to get recycled. Obviously, I can't have this (it's a working computer for chrissakes, and an iMac at that!) so I offered to take it for free. Booyashaka, I got myself a free Bondi iMac.

Not just an iMac though. He dropped off a huge box in our garage, and inside it was not just the iMac, but a cornucopia of peripherals. There's a printer, a scanner, an Imation SuperDisk drive, an Iomega USB CD-RW drive, a USB hub, keyboard and mouse, and - get this - a little plastic cat with a PS/2 port on it. Don't ask, I don't know. Oh, and most of this stuff is in the clear white/blue style of the old iMacs, before that became unpopular.

Anyway, I saw it briefly as I was leaving for work this morning, so I'll get some pics up tonight when I get home. Then I can figure out what to do with the thing - I'll probably keep the scanner and sell or give away most of the other stuff. Just so long as it doesn't get thrown out.

EDIT: My brother, who is at home and obviously playing with all my new stuff, just figured out what the cat thing is.

http://www.cedmagic.com/cuecat/cuecat.html

It's a barcode scanner. When you plug it in, a little red light shines from the front. So I'm now the proud owner of a cat-shaped barcode scanner. Hooray!

Last edited by Luca : 2004-07-31 at 12:33.