View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-27, 14:30

usurp: I didn't look for any personal files. The damn thing wouldn't even boot properly without turning off extensions, at which point I nuked the entire hard drive. There certainly were plenty of files, as shown by the picture of the computer's desktop. But they were mostly things like school reports and the like.

alcimedes: No firewire, this is a Rev. A 233 MHz machine. Rather, it was one. I sold it a couple weeks ago. $105 shipped. Cost about $40 to ship though, what a beast. Those IDE to Firewire converters - by that do you actually mean Firewire to IDE converters? I'm guessing you mean you plug it into a Firewire port and get an IDE port. So like a Firewire case. If you have a spare Firewire case I might take one for my PowerMac, since I'd prefer my two hard drives to be on separate buses rather than having them shared on a single ATA/66 bus. But I'd rather spend a little money for a high quality 3.5" case that supports super-large drives. Post some more details, I'm curious.

The main profit I got from the computer was the OS 9 boxed CD I got. Well, technically it only came with the bare OS 9 CD, but I had an extra OS 9 box I got with a previous purchase. Put 'em together, and bam: $60 for a box and CD. I got $20 from the external CD burner, the SuperDisk didn't work so I trashed it, and the USB hub didn't sell. The printer is worthless and I want to give it away to someone, but I'm keeping the scanner since it works in OS X.