View Single Post
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2006-02-05, 12:46

I just, this minute, popped a Tikka Masala I made myself in the Oven. Mmmmm....smells good.

If it's your first foray, look for somewhere that does Passanda - it's as mild as Korma, but with more interesting flavours. Or, if you don't like creamy/yoghurty stuff, try a Dupiaza, which is full of onions. Chicken Tikka on puri is pretty tasty, too.

You don't say where you are, but you haven't had a curry until you've gone to Birmingham or Bradford, UK. (I am, of course, assuming that by "Indian Food" you mean Anglicised Indian Food. And there's nothing wrong with that!)

I love Keema Nan (bread stuffed with spiced Mincemeat) and Onion Bhajis, too. My sister loves Paneer (Indian Cheese).

Man, it's all good. Steer clear of Rogan Josh, Vindaloo or anything really hot for now, until you're sure what you like. To be honest, I prefer the "girly" creamy stuff, as I think the lower heat allows you to enjoy the flavours more.

Banana: FYI: A Samosa is a triangular folded bread folded around a filling - most likely minced lamb and peas. Pretty good. Not sure what you mean by dumpling, unless you mean Onion Bhaji?