View Single Post
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-06, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsza View Post
1) I plan on licensing some new music, but I don't think it will happen for another month or two.
2) It's not a flash site, unlike most photography sites out there. I'm not a big flash fan, but if everyone thinks that I should go flash I will consider it.
3)I don't care how it looks in IE 6...
First off, I've got weird scroll bars all over the place (pretty much in every frame). The splash page at the beginning requires scrolling to get to the information. The page itself seems a bit unnecessary since you have a link to the blog on the portfolio site. My experience is that if you have to have people click to get what they want, chances are they wont. The music is a bit much (but I don't like music on sites at all -- song is good though). You don't need a flash site IMO, I like the lightbox popup effect and that's interactive enough without using flash.

A big thing though. If your target is budget conscious women, you're going to want to care what it looks like in IE6. The worst thing you want is a potential client who looks at your site and turns off because it looks poorly in their browser.

This is all done in Safari 3 on Mac with a window width of (about) 1024.

The pictures in your portfolio are pretty nice. Are they from actual weddings or just to beef up the portfolio?

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter