View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-03, 18:02

I went to get a 30W panel that would put out better power than the 10W one I had but with a small size. I found this deal where it was $25 for the panel and controller with adapter options.

In one of my mostly parked vehicles I used the Renogy controller I bought from Amazon. The second controller came from the kit I got from Walmart. I didn't get to wire them up until late after noon sun so there wasn't long to collect any sun. Not to mention the fact that it is winter and not a ton of sun in my region in general.

Thankfully both vehicles are Fords and the 12VDC jack is always powered. So for now, I can just used the jack to feed the battery and wire to the fuse block or battery directly later.

The original trickle chargers were more of a problem than I though. The batteries in these vehicles were paying the price:

Both batteries boiled out to the point where they weren't able to hold a charge. I've filled them back up, but now need to clean them. I was going to do that today, but the weather was not cooperating for me. I'll hopefully get them cleaned up tomorrow.

So this little project is REALLY helping me better grasp solar systems!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.