View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-07, 21:48

My son's AirPods Pros won't go into transparency mode. It plays the tone as though it does, but we get none of the high tones through. In fact, noice cancellation and transparency mode sound mostly the same. Noise cancellation does cancel low tones.

So to test it I used a consistent noise in the background and paired his AirPods to my phone. I then was able to switch from my AirPods to his to compare. I logged into Fallout 76 and jumped into my hot tub. This creates a consistent bubbling noise from the tub with lows and highs.

My AirPods block almost all of the hot tub noise in cancellation mode and play them clearly in transparency.

My son's on the other hand just muffle the sound with the hot tub losing the low rumble in cancellation and just being generally "muted" in transparency. If I switch to "Off" in control panel it lets the echoing and head noises in so off works.

We have tried to remove from account, add to accounts. Reset by dancing on our heads while holding the pair button until the light turns amber. Nothing seems to change it. His AirPods are on the same firmware as mine. By putting it on my device I removed any variation from his beta running iPad.

Any ideas? It is way to old for AppleCare so any cost would likely be out of pocket. They really aren't right. Oddly, it is both, at the same time. Not like one AirPod failed and the other responds right. So I'm inclined to think there is something more to be done.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.