View Single Post
Partial
Stallion

2007-05-15, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Verrry helpful... Was that because of their faith or just simply being anti-intelluctual?

Phoenix, you have the right idea; pursuit of happiness is the only thing that makes sense doing. I just don't get how people squander their life either working their ass off and nothing else or wandering around aimlessly chanting "I'd like to do this, but..."

I personally will have to make decision in next few months as I love my job, it seems to be seen whether I will continue to grow professionally, and whether I want to stay in school, as though I *LOVE* to learn new stuff, I'm just not feeling passionate for what I'm studying anymore compared to what I'm currently doing in my job right now. So basically, do I want to keep doing what I'm doing what I like with the same company, or stick to my studies for eventual good paying job that I'm not 100% positively sure if I like it, or some kind of combination? I will know more as things develop in my company that will influence my decision.

Whatever it may be, I intend to whatever will make me happy.

Tangentially, did anyone watch Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith? I thought that was a great piece of work.
Get a degree and display a good work ethic. You an go into any field (within reason) and do quite well for yourself. Hard workers who are intelligent are rare and can be trained to do anything. Degree is pretty irrelevant after your first job. You're destined to accomplish big things my friend.