View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-02-22, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
oh... if the superglue gives on the bolt, try 5 minute epoxy next time...
Good point! I'll consider trying that on v2.0. I was fortunate to be able to make v1.0 using only leftover materials that I had at home, but I don't have any epoxy. $0 budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
That's great. Do you normally park in that spot by the way? Having owned two Saturns I always glance below for the oil drips.
Fortunately, that's not my oil. I've checked! Since I live in an apartment complex, all of the parking spaces are already well-stained with oil drips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
And I to would totally want to steal that emblem now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
That's the one downside of this, Brad. You've gone and made something 5x cooler (and more steal-worthy) than the original Saturn emblem! The first Mac geek that sees this is gonna want it. Hope you made a few. You know, for backups? Good luck with that!
True. Making it was a little slow the first time as I was thinking through adhesion, the guidance peg, etc., and I did only make one, but I could easily crank another out on a lazy afternoon if someone yanks it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.