Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-09-30, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
iTunes continues to be a train wreck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Yup, the new Music App makes me wish someone would make a basic, well designed and usable, music player for iOS that would just draw from the current Music list. Most of the other ones out there seem to be based around downloading free music with ads and crapware. I just want a nice basic music player that doesn't suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is it 1981? View Post
Yes. YES. FUCKING YES. It looks like it was outsourced to Fisher Price and designed for Mr Magoo + Hans Moleman. I'm sure they'll refine it, but I hope it's sooner rather than waiting for iOS 11. The iOS 8–9 app (and the OS in general) was gorgeous.

You guys should get Ecoute.

I bought it before upgrading to iOS 10 so I could start getting used to it since reports indicated Music app was getting crapped on. Ecoute is absolutely well worth the one dollar (easily worth several more dollars!). It's almost exactly what Apple's Music app should be. Only criticism I have is the animation upon side swiping feels weird, but that's absolutely trivial overall.

I usually try really hard to stick with Apple's built-in apps, but this one is really good.

edit: Important to note that I actually own/have downloaded files for all my music and I do not use Apple's subscription service. Ecoute uses the iTunes library and files as synced from your computer, and I have no idea what it does for subscribed/cloud-only music.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.