View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-04-27, 10:36

Fucking rails. How do they work?

Hopefully we can suss that out before we get a we get all octopi about it.

Firstly I think we need to decide on a central terminal in Bridgeport. As it is now we have the beginnings of one below the cobble stairs, but in looking at it I'm not sure if it'll be big enough. Also, I wonder if it shouldn't be skyway-level as to not have to create upward boosters for every long run.

Maybe at the top of the stairs so we can still easily connect the Arena run and still have the stairway down to BP?

Figure it should be big enough to accommodate enough runs E&W, though I'm not sure how many that should be.

Myself, I'd like to build the Greyline somewhat like this:

I'll need to get clearance from a couple of people in order to build around existing structures, of course, but that brings me to the question of sub-stations as well. I plan on building a small sub-station at my place that could be used by Robo and arteggio if they desire to build lines out to their NW structures, but I wonder about how many sub-stations people are going to want. I don't plan on stopping the Greyline anywhere between BP and Flaming Mtn, but I can see where it may be wanted.

I *think* I'm going to build the line next to the skyway to take advantage of the existing lighting, but I'd like to hear other opinions on building below/above/whatever.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2011-04-27 at 10:46.