View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-07-11, 22:21

The Minecraft launcher is now nagging folks with a link to https://aka.ms/JavaChatReporting to learn about the content moderation changes in 1.19.1.

Quote:
All player reports will be reviewed by an investigator to make sure the complaint is well-founded so that any suspensions or bans that might result are fair.

Our investigators are aware of the kind of things that happen in Minecraft and possibilities of misinterpretation – for example, chat messages that relate to combat or other in-game situations. Our investigators understand chat messages can have different meanings depending on the situation and consider that context when reviewing reports. Our investigators also follow the same strict privacy procedures that Mojang Studios follows to protect the privacy of information contained in Player Reports.
That page also links to Player Reporting FAQ
Quote:
Will I get banned without my case being reviewed by a human?

No. Player reports are handled by our team of human investigators, who are trained specifically for investigating reports in Minecraft. Each report will be reviewed before any action is taken.
Yes, I'm confident that these "human investigators" will be just as good as the highly skilled and tactful content moderators for YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, or any other social platform with millions of users. I have every bit of confidence that Microsoft's "human investigators" are well-educated, well-compensated, and wholly impartial masters of the English language with no biases and enough time to fairly interpret and arbitrate any conversation entirely out of context since they claim not to be monitoring other chat messages.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.