View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-07-29, 09:40

Yeah, I've ultimately gone with a pair of 24-inch 1440p Dells. 122 ppi is a far cry from Retina, but it is slightly sharper than a typical monitor. Windows looks great on it at 125%. macOS looks… OK.

At $400 * 2, I get twice as much horizontal space as the Studio Display at half the price.

They're considerably worse displays, but kind of… adequate. 300 nits instead of 600, 24-bit color instead of 30, no True Tone, no reference modes, no camera. You do get multiple USB ports, both some on the bottom and on the side, y'know, because that's actually convenient that way, unlike what Apple keeps doing. They charge quite slowly, which is a bit of a bummer. Definitely not a replacement for a docking station.

Oh, and a standardized power plug. Haven't really had to reboot them, although one of them takes quite long to start showing an image (though I think this is because it's connected through a Thunderbolt dock, whereas the other is connected directly).

The stand is irrelevant to me; I have them VESA-mounted.