Which way is up?

2014-09-13, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Good stuff.
Shanksh!

Quote:
1) I'm not sure the extra quartz makes it all that better than it was before, but hey, I can go with it.
Stone will be cheaper, I agree. I'm gonna spend some more time in my mockup and have a look. You might be right, might not be worth the cost (and brittleness).

Quote:
2) Agreed. This looks really nice.
Settled, then. Woohoo!

Quote:
3) Another good idea. This doesn't need to be quartz, but again, if you're splurging it's your nickel.
Settled then. Woohoo! (I agree, and will shift the anchors to stone slabs. Won't need to be any more pretty than that).

Quote:
4) This I'm on the fence about. On the one hand it's a fun, spooky concept. On the other it's a WTF coming out of the portal(s) and every time wondering which way you're facing because there's no visual cues at all. I'm willing to give it a shot, but don't be surprised if it gets a ring of purple glass around the middle because I need to see which way is North. Another thought - maybe we put the Nether Wart farm at the bottom of the cube? I like that we have a farm close to center. Also, it absolutely has to be 21 blocks square. That way it doesn't fuck up the rings.
Again, I will spend some more time in the prototype.

1) I think Netherwort in the "basement" is a fab idea! Let's do it!
2) A ring of stained glass around the perimeter is also fab. I will mock it up!
3) 21x21 will just about double our Obsidian requirements, but a good idea none the less. I, too, had been thinking about measurements and symmetry out around the perimeter, so good maths!

Quote:
I still think we should plan on around an extra 20% (and I've been kind've keeping that in mind as I drop off loot for the build). Since there's only a handful of us being vocal and pushing for this I think it's our responsibility to rebuild the player portals sooner rather than later, like before all the arms are even finished.

When 1.8 finally gets here there will be the inevitable player-spike, and I'd hate to have Lynn or Spec or whoever enter their home portal and get ghast-blasted and/or burned-up just because we wanted to make the Nether sexier.
Right there with you. The allotment is for 9 large glass, but I supplied 12 knowing we were gonna need a lot more than we think. And, yeah. I'm with you in terms of building out player portals. We can call that one settled as well. Woohoo!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)