kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-19, 14:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Certainly a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Why does it look like that Magic keyboard is going to fall over once you take your hands off the palm rest? I'm definitely interested to see this thing in person. I'm not prepared to upgrade and no plans to in the near future so it will be nice to see these things get bugs worked out. I'm on my second keyboard cover for my 10.5" iPad Pro so I know they will break at the hinge point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I hope not. This is why some tablet keyboards approach the problem with a kickstand instead (see Microsoft Surface, and also now Logitech's iPad keyboard): it's tricky to counterbalance the fact that the heavy bits (logic board, battery, screen) are all in the upper part, unlike laptops.
Apple isn't going to ship these things if they're not stable, although I wonder if there is an "extreme angle" where that stability is no good? For instance, the current iPad Pro sucks on the lap unless you have long legs that are almost perfectly level. Lean that thing back *at all* and it falls over backwards.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)