View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-01-27, 13:58

I have a good story about one of our insurance providers. Our auto insurance company is a group that only insures educators or those who work in education. They were about half as much as the next lowest bid, so I went with them. I've always been a little bit nervous about how their coverage will be since they were so cheap, and finally had a chance to find out the other night.

My wife was driving home, hit a patch of ice and hit the back end of the car in the lane next to her. (she's fine, as is our car)

Cops came out, cited bad road conditions as the cause of the accident, so my wife got a claim number and the police work etc. to fill out, and called up our insurance company.

They said that because she has a clean record (even with two speeding tickets in the last two years) and so they're not going to raise our rates at all, and that they'd cover the cost of the car she hit with no deductable coming out of our pockets.

First time in ages that I've heard of a car accident where it's our fault and it's not going to cost us a dime.

Good people. I'm very pleased.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me