View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-05, 19:31

All three brothers killed in the span of one week, from the same cause?

This is kinda like a twisted, dumber version of Saving Private Ryan. Wasn't that the basic gist of that movie? Matt Damon's three other brothers were all killed in action and they were sent to find him and send him home so his mom wouldn't lose all her sons?

I've always wondered how people get hit by trains. It's pretty easy to stay off train tracks. I've never been walking/driving along, see some tracks and think "I need to be on those, right now!"

When I was 4-8 we lived in a neighborhood and our house was on a dead end and through about 50 yards of weeds/brush were train tracks. I was told, under penalty of death , to never cross that field and play on those tracks. I did one time and got a spanking that I still feel to this day (but guess what...I never ventured up there again).

But if you make that choice to walk/play on them, how do you not see/hear a train coming your way? Does it have to do with physics and sound travel? If you're standing in front of its path, you're just not hearing the engine or the whistle/horn?

How can that be? Loud is loud, isn't it?

Just seems like it should take some effort to get hit by a train. I've never even come close in 52 years.

That's awful. Their poor parents.