View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-29, 18:24

Flipping around the channels, I passed the Weather Channel where I see who I can only assume is that showboat idiot Jim Cantore standing in the middle of all this rain and really heavy wind in Louisiana (it might be Mississippi, I think I saw a caption saying that), with an overturned dumpster in the frame (nice touch...a production assistant/intern probably dragged it from two blocks away and knocked it over on its side before turning on the camera), doing the whole "I'm standing out here in all this shit for no real reason, other than lunging for an Emmy or AMS award like the look-at-me, attention-seeker I am!" shtick.

Nothing turns middle-aged media personalities into junior high chicks on TikTok quite like a good hurricane.

These outlets always feel they have to send their crews/reporters out into this stuff...to tell people NOT to get out in this stuff!

I hate this kind of "journalism". Everyone has an iPhone and access to YouTube. There isn't a soul on the planet who doesn't know what a hurricane looks like as it comes onshore. Knock this nonsense off already.

"I...I...can barely stand...upright!"

Okay...thanks? Then maybe get your dumb ass back to the Sheraton, like you have some sense? Nobody's asking you to stand out there in flying debris, horizontal rain and rising waters, bonehead. That's how people get hurt/die, last I checked.

These clowns will not be happy until one of them gets half their head sliced off on live TV by a flying metal roof/airborne stop sign.

But it might be the very thing that reins in this pointless, for-all-the-wrong-reasons silliness.

PS - I also like how the in-studio on-air staff - those who aren't stupid enough to travel to Louisiana and stand out in the middle of all this - cultivate the bedraggled, haggard "I've not slept in over 52 hours in order to keep you and your family safe!" look. There's an anchor on The Weather Channel who, for some reason, has opted to look like a Florida mug shot that has come to life.

You're in a safe, dry studio...hundreds of miles away from Louisiana. Run a brush through your hair and put on some makeup if you're going to get on TV. All of you can't be gunning for an Emmy, ffs...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-08-29 at 19:59.