View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-30, 09:36

Yeah, I flipped around the dial a bit last night and every network had reporters/crew out in these conditions all doing the same shtick. No one network/outlet has the market cornered on this idiocy...they were all doing it: ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, along with a couple of channels I'd never really noticed/knew about.

Reporters in logo'd ponchos telling everyone it was windy, wet and dangerous.

No shit, because I was kinda wondering if maybe a Category 4-5 was or not? I wasn't sure on my own.

I think about how my local news acts when iffy weather hits our area (tornado threat, an ice storm, the occasional, once-a-decade 3-4" snow event, etc.).

They do the same thing, all these local reporters. They dutifully put on the logo-emblazoned poncho or parka and trudge out into the shittiest conditions possible to say stuff everyone at home is already completely aware of.

"I know it's icy...I've already fallen off my porch twice, Genniffer. But thanks for standing out in the middle of a frozen interstate to let me know. You might wanna keep an eye on those 18-wheelers behind you...you're way too young/hot to die that way."

Clowns, all.