Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-14, 15:44

Yeah, I think it's a cream white. We'll have to see in person.

I dig the blue. Will probably buy that in a few weeks. Starting from 128 GB is great.

This thread is presumably also for the Pros? I also dig the Sierra Blue.

The Pros should start at 256 GB.

They're doing the silly "it's $30 more if you don't do a carrier deal" thing again. Doesn't affect me (I get the phone via company carrier contract anyway), but, bleh.

It sounds like the iPhone Pro records the depth mapping during the video, and puts it in a separate metadata track, so you can change portrait setting, after the fact, in video. That's pretty great. (Perhaps not even Pro-specific?) In general, cinematic mode sounds fantastic.

120 Hz on iPhone Pro is a bit overdue compared to the competition; seamlessly clocking down to 10 Hz to save energy is great, though (and I think the competition can't do that trick?). It is a bummer they didn't — unlike the competition — add an always-on mode; Samsung does this to show you the time and basic widgets. They could've leveraged watchOS complications here, even.

I'd say this is overall a fairly minor upgrade, but I don't mind.

I'm excited to see how much faster y-o-y the A15 is; they seem to be on a trajectory of about 18% y-o-y right now.