View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2004-12-28, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhaler
No mention of iPhoto. I really hope there is a significant update to iPhoto since it is so bad, and with iMovie you have the option of stepping up to FCE.

Either way, I have high hopes that:

1. Keynote 2 is a killer application
2. iLife 05 is a major upgrade. iLife 04 was very underwhelming
3. Apple releases a full featured word processor. Excel and FileMaker are solid, and hopefully we'll see a great Keynote 2, so the missing hole is a replacement for Word. Word printing looks like crap and is a nightmare to use. I would be psyched for Apple to release a Word Killer.
I doubt iPhoto will be revved much. Apple's not going to tick off Adobe and Microsoft at the same time.

Excel's not an Apple app, hence the two codenames.

Regarding Filemaker, the latest version has implemented great tech, but the program hasn't moved forward and has sacrificed Mac native technologies for cross platform ambition.

I've said this in other threads before, but Filemaker missed the boat with version 7. It went for all the buzzword technologies while forgetting to advance its ease of use. What should have been rolled out was a system whereby a Filemaker database could generate a PDF form, which could be filled out electronically and then emailed back and dragged and dropped into the database. No re-typing required. That's the next evolution of the database.

pscates: the 'Sugar' thing is stumping me as well.