View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-02-06, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
As a side note, it's too bad there's no option to use only the external screen without closing the lid. I can use mirroring, but that makes my 1280x1024 monitor run at 1280x854 instead. I can extend the desktop, but then I have a black unusable screen that stuff can get stuck on. And if I close the lid, I don't have access to the keyboard or trackpad.
https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/301847

I think this combination of (temporarily) disabling SIP, then setting an nvram boot arg might work.

I'm not going to try this at home™ though, as I don't have an external display here. (I suppose I could still try it over SSH, though.)

Quote:
holy cow the browser is NOT suited for the modern web
Yeah, that's gonna be tricky. Neither TenFourFox nor Classilla quite seem to fit the bill.

Quote:
I don't expect I'll use it for much other than playing old games. It was neat to get to use old OS X again, even if it's very slow. Modern computers have spoiled me.
You'll probably get a WTF moment when you first boot OS 9…