View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-29, 13:00

Those 15-second TV promos are coming at a fast clip. Each new one seems to reveal 2-3 new scenes or characters, brief and hard-to-make-out as they may be. I saw a couple of them yesterday and a third this morning. If they're not careful, they'll wind up showing the entire movie, in little 1-2 second chunks!

We are now exactly just three short weeks away from the opening. I assume the marketing and hype will now truly start to kick in...promos on TV in increasing frequency, online promo/puff-pieces across various sites, the cast members (separately or together) starting to show up on talk shows, etc.

For several reasons, I believe they're going to go all out with this in ways they didn't with the other two. It's the final installment, so that's to be expected. But they also know they've got a PR/interest issue, they realize they've misfired on several fronts and are looking to go out strong and end this trilogy on some positive high note, they really need those opening weekend butts-in-seats numbers to help justify it all (and possibly avoid some high-profile head-rolling), etc.

I think from now until December 20, we're absolutely gonna OD on Star Wars! I'm looking very forward to hearing those opening weekend figures...it could truly go either way, good or not so.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-11-29 at 13:30.