View Single Post
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-11-22, 13:52

Stuffing

Bake 2 packs of jiffy corn bread

In a pan you cook one onion, with two apples(the green variety), with a stick of butter, and walnuts. Then you add chopped celery. And season with salt and pepper, and a bit of emerial's seasoning. Cube the corn bread, and to the mix add a second stick of butter. Then fold everything together. A tip for the corn bread is make it quite on the dry side, and use milk not water for the mix. But it is an easy and very good home made stuffing
So then....
stuff the turkey with some and put the rest in a thick baking container (we always use emile henry bakeware)

Panna Cotta (French for cooked milk)
this is a desert is kinda like vanilla gelatin

2 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (i get real vanilla beans or this paste witch is just the center park of the seed)
1 1/2 envelopes gelatin, unflavored

In a saucepan add the 2 cups of milk and the the heavy cream. Bring to a heat and simmer. In the remaining 1/2 cup of milk add the gelatin and stir. Remove the liquid mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the milk with the softened gelatin. Pour into 6 dessert cups and chill for at least two to three hours.

Then I take for a topping. 3 packs of frozen raspberries, and one of frozen blackberries. Ad sugar and a sweet wine of you're choosing, you cook until it is slightly thick (coats back of spoon) then strain though cheese cloth and use this to top and plate the panna cotta.

and lets see... I will post as i remember what i usually cook