View Single Post
arteggio

2011-05-04, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
This is basically the core of the railway system: the white line, and parts of the red and green lines. … Ideally you should take responsibility for segments which are near your stuff. … Also, the above ground tracks should be lower than the existing skyway.
I like your words. Though, the existence of the Nether does have a point to be made about:

Should we build a worldwide transit system above ground when the Nether will let us build the same system in 8 times less space? Sure, there can still be plenty of tracks in the overworld, but should they be primary lines, or merely auxiliary lines connecting to the Undeground?

I like the idea of an overworld system without using the underworld as a foundation for it, but there are definite material and time gains from utilizing it as 709 said. Unless, of course, Brad would like to donate a monstrous amount of rail (or its needed resources) to be used by those of us willing to participate in building this as a community.

Though, not only would time be saved in building over a smaller distance, but time travelling would be cut also...

Nonetheless I think vote to build overworld Red, White, and Green lines, with Yellow/Blue optional, like Kraetos proposed. (Crazy faraway projects could utilize the Nether exclusively, or you can utilize the Nether if you prefer its space-saving efficiency.) I think the tracks should have a view of our world, and not the endless deep, dark, fiery purple of Down There.