View Single Post
stevegong
www.stevegongphoto.com

Send a message via AIM to stevegong Send a message via Skype™ to stevegong 
2009-04-01, 18:25

When I travel and interact with peoples of different culture, I often bond with them over food.
When I make new friends, I often bond with them over food.
We can learn more about each other by learning about what we eat.
When I read funny posts on this forum, I often wonder what the poster ate for dinner that day.

The post a pic of your camera thread was a total success. Surely this thread will be popular because everyone has to eat.

I made this tonight (this is in fact a pic of the thing I made - apparently some people thought it was a stock photo and I stuck my name on it). It's a French dish called floating islands. Basically, it's vanilla flavored marshmallow like merengues floating on an almond flavored English custard dripped with hard crunchy caramel. The merengues melt in your mouth as the custard takes over with its aroma, and...crunch crunch as you chew the caramel, everything mixes together to form a completely new flavor. Everything French is pretentious.

Note: Apparently some people are scared to try this dish. I once cooked it for these Virginia Firefighters, and only two people tried it. I was fairly offended, because the main cook that day got a standing ovation for his chicken burgers and freedom fries.

Last edited by stevegong : 2009-04-01 at 19:45.