View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-08-21, 22:31

Sorry MB. Good college relationships can be really hard to shake. I dated a girl for a couple years in college and we had so many good times, and were good for each other in a lot of ways but it just didn't work out. There have been times when I look back and wonder if we had never broke it off, what life would be like today. I think sometimes I'd have been better off staying with her but then I remember the way we would butt heads and get frustrated with each other over stupid stuff and think marriage would've magnified that. Hard to say. The funny thing is, I did have a real chance to get back together with her about 2 years after college, and it was unexpected too. So when that real chemistry is there, sometimes it comes back after a while. Stay in touch with her....

The thing of it is, timing is everything in a serious relationship. More than many other factors -including love- timing determines all. Right now you guys are feeling like it can't work being apart (I have a suspicion maybe this is why you "felt like friends lately" - sort of a subconscious defense mechanism). See what happens. You may both find after a time that you're not interested in who you're seeing "now" and you may yet get back together some day when your lives are a bit more settled. Stranger things happen all the time.

You just have to roll with it and see where life takes the two of you for the next several months. That you handled it maturely and remain friends (which is the basis of any good relationship) means anything is possible. Try to keep your chin up and maybe spend a couple months without dating anyone. Be alone for a while, gather your thoughts, set your goals, then jump back in the pond. You'll be all right.

...into the light of a dark black night.