View Single Post
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-01-23, 14:37

And with a flurry of last second entries, the challenge is ended! Thanks for participating guys. Also I just want to say that I am not really qualified to judge people's pictures but I'll do the best I can.

turtle: Thanks, I'm super hungry now. Thanks a lot. Man, that looks good.

PB PM: Beautiful shot, I love the colors reflecting in the glass. Very clear and sharp, too, and it does absolutely convey the holidays to me.

Runner Up: GSpotter: Kids bundled up in wintry clothes on a carousel at night? Definitely. The lighting is particularly great in this shot, it almost makes me feel like I'm there.

Winner: Chinney: In my description for the challenge, I said "make it something that speaks to the winter holidays". Your shot, taken on Christmas day, says it all. The composition and technical aspects are probably beyond my abilities to discuss coherently, but I understand the content. It's alive with feeling, with happiness, and in the context in which it was taken, I felt that it spoke to the holidays the most.

All the photos were stunning - especially the tiramisu - it was sort of like having to choose between this awesome photo or that incredible one. I like them all, which is probably why I'm not a professional photo judge. Thanks for participating.