View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-03, 21:17

Yes, the controller stops the panels from charging the batteries past 14.xVDC. I don't recall the specific voltage off the top of my head, but think it is 14.6 for flooded. The controllers do have options to allow you to choose what kind of battery you are charing with the controller. This gives flexibility with that. They recommend that only deep cycle be used, but that assumes you allow for depletion by powering loads after dark. I'm not going to be discharging my batteries but rather maintaining them.

Your Maverick is hybrid right? You shouldn't need to add solar charging to it. You should be able to though. The test for if you can plug into the 12VDC jack like mine is can you plug an accessory into the jack and it be powered with the car completely off.

Older Fords the DC jacks had constant power. This is a problem if you are running a load and don't charge the battery with the alternator. In my uses, it means I have a direct wire to the battery from inside the cabin without having to go to the fuse block. If you can power a phone charger with the DC jack without turning on the truck then you should be able to do the same.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.