View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-03-15, 18:35

Wow has time been flying since I started this thread! And what an experience it has been so far! Our daughter is due on the 24th and there is nothing that would indicate it being different from that. Everything is right on track for now.

Since Mid-January when my wife *started* showing she was pregnant 'til now has been a big change. You still can't really tell from behind though. She hasn't had the best of times here either. I'll give a condensed version here as not to bore you all with her troubles in this pregnancy.

Anyone ever heard of Zofran? It is the drug they give chemotherapy patients to minimize the nausea and vomiting. Why is that important one might ask; well, my wife had the 24/7 version of morning sickness. So bad in fact that she was on a Zofran pump running over $200/day to the insurance company. It really helped, but she also had to have Reglan to cover what Zofran missed. Aren't drugs wonderful?

She was 126lbs when we started this journey, went down to 123lbs and she in now only 156lbs. Not bad considering the weight gain didn't come until third trimester. It is all baby, though there is at least growth in a couple of areas that she was looking forward to and I can't say I'll complain at all either!

Our little girl will enter this world out of her mother having only two vessels in her umbilical cord. For those who don't know, there is normally three, one artery and two veins. This has kept the Docs running since there are a few things that can go wrong with this being the case. It can be anything from no issues at all (this is our case) to major developmental issue with the cardio and renal systems. This is probably why she was labeled as IUGR or Intrauterine Growth Restriction. This label was given mostly due to the small size she had until about a week ago. Last week at our visit (now every week) she was measuring just above the "normal" low limit. So I guess she isn't IUGR anymore.

I was given a few ultrasound pictures a week and a half ago but didn't post them here since they are really hard to make out. She doesn't have as much room in there as she used to making it hard to get the good pictures. I might put some up for giggles, but didn't think people wanted to have their home version of the Rorschach inkblot test.

To top it all off, two Fridays ago she pulled her left groin muscle helping our daughter with a project. Now she is 32 with a walker. We do get to park on the front row with the special blue lined spots now though! Actually, this is only temporary, it is expected to heal in relatively short period of time. For the time being though, she is really fun to watch. (Joke for those who missed it. I'm not cruel and I love my wife.)

We are really looking forward to seeing our little one here in the next few weeks. There is a lot of excitement in this house and anticipation too! I rigged up a video baby monitor so we can watch her from our bedroom on the Media Center in there. Really cool actually, we can only listen to the sound or turn on the video and watch too! The crib is set...I have a pic somewhere...here they are:

Boy I can't wait! Any day now...

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.