View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-07-08, 18:59

So my hackintosh started acting up recently. The issue is that launchd will suddenly ramp up and eat one whole core and keep it pegged at 100%. When this happens almost everything hangs.

For those unfamiliar, this particular launchd is the initial process when a Mac starts. It spawns everything else.

I've searched the web and nothing really seems to fit with what I'm seeing. So anyone out there familiar with launchd resource hog tracking? Yes, I've looked through the console as admin (which has to be opened with command line when your user isn't an admin) and found nothing useful. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for. Anyone got any tips at all?

Mojave 10.14.5 and I can name off other versions if you think they might be important. I'll say the system isn't out of CPU or RAM when this happens. i7 7700, 32GB RAM, Some decent graphics card I mentioned in another thread that I've already forgotten and aren't going to look up right now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.